Water Level Indicators
Durham Geo’s Water Level Indicators are used to measure water levels in standpipes and wells. Indicator consists of a probe, a cable, and a cable reel.
Water Level Indicators consiss of a probe, a cable with laser-marked graduations, and a cable reel. The hub of the cable reel contains batteries, electronics, a bright LED lamp, and a beeper.
The operator lowers the probe into the standpipe or well. When the probe contacts the surface of the water, the LED illuminates and the beeper sounds. The operator then reads the depth-to-water measurement from graduations on the cable.
- Sensitivity control provides consistent results in different well and water conditions.
- LED and Beeper provide a positive indication of contact with water.
- Test Button checks the batteries, beeper, and LED.
- Battery Cover provides easy access to two AA batteries. Low power circuits provide excellent battery life.
- Convenient Cable is easy to handle and winds up neatly on the reel. Steel conductors provide strength and excellent dimensional stability.
- Laser-Marked Graduations are as durable as the cable itself. English unit cables have 0.01 foot graduations. Metric-unit cables have 2 mm marks.
- Sturdy Reel is built for years of daily use. It features bronze bearings and aluminum plate sides.
- Small Diameter Probe (9.5 mm – 3/8″) easily fits into most standpipes and wells. Weight can be attached to the probe tip.
About Laser-Marked Graduations
The photograph at right shows a water level indicator cable being drawn through the laser marking machine. The machine directs a laser beam at the cable jacket. The jacket changes color where the beam strikes, and the resulting marks and characters become a permanent part of the cable jacket.
For more information
If your water level indicator has seen a lot of use, you may be interested replacement parts. Laser-marked cables can also be retrofit to older indicators.
Water Level Indicators Specifications
|WATER LEVEL INDICATOR SPECS|
|Probe||Stainless steel body and tip, polyethylene|
insulator. 10 x 170 mm ( 3/8" x 6.6")
|Cable||3.2 mm ( 1/8" ) diameter polyurethane jacket with two copper-clad, steel conductors inside. Graduations are marked with laser and connot be rubbed off. Clean cable with laboratory grade detergent, such as Alconox® or Liquinox®|
|Reel Construction||Heavy-gage aluminum plate sides, PVC spool, rotating knob. Larger reels are equipped with a stand made of strong steel tubing, a probe holder, and a reel brake|
|Sensitivity Control||provides consistent results in different well and water conditions and helps eliminates false triggering|
|LED and beeper||provide a positive indication of contact with water|
|Test button||is used to check the batteries, beeper, and LED|
|Battery cover||provides easy access to two AA|
batteries. Low-power circuits provide excellent
|30 m||180 mm||1.6 kg||51690303|
|50 m||180 mm||1.8 kg||51690304|
|30 m||230 mm||2.3 kg||51690300|
|50 m||230 mm||2.5 kg||51690305|
|100 m||230 mm||3.4 kg||51690310|
|150 m||280 mm||4.7 kg||51690315|
|200 m||280 mm||5 kg||51690320|
|300 m||280 mm||7.7 kg||51690330|