SlopeSense V1 VE Logger
DGSI’s cost-effective, easy-to-install data logger system.
Typical applications include:
- Strain in buried pipelines
- Pore pressure in a tailings dam
- Deformations of embankments and retaining walls
- Landslide areas above dams, highways, and railroads to provide early warning of slope failure
The SlopeSense V1 VW Logger is simple to use and easy to set-up. After configuring your gateway, connect the logger to your computer and use the provided software to join the V1 VW Logger to the network and to specify the reading frequency.
The SlopeSense on-site set-up is simple; connect the sensor signal cables to the logger then close the logger and walk away.
Readings are transmitted from the logger to the SlopeSense gateway, from there to an ftp server (Atlas Web Monitoring subscription required).
The SlopeSense system supports your remote sensor applications in virtually any environment.
- Simple to Use: Learn how to use your V-Logger in minutes, not hours.
- Increased Accuracy: The SlopeSense V1 VW Logger continues the V-Logger’s “Best in industry for VW logging accuracy” due to a revolutionary measuring technique.
- Reliable: Rated for temperatures from -40° to 85°C. This product is IP 65 Rated.
- Improved Noise Reduction: The proprietary reading method reduces outside interference from telecom or electrical sources. providing cleaner, more reliable data for your project.
- Extended Battery Life: The VW logger uses a unique algorithm for maximizing the battery life of the lithium.
SlopeSense Gateway Technical Specifications
|Power||One lithium D-cell battery provides power for more than 10 years in moderate temperatures, assuming readings taken every hour.|
|Data||Our Logger Manager software retrieves logger readings and applies calibration factors, if present, to generate data files containing both raw and processed readings.|
This data can be used immediately in your spreadsheet software
|Monitoring Systems||Subscribe to our Atlas Web-based Monitoring system and view data from any device via your web browser to receive SMS text or email alarms when thresholds are exceeded.|
Receive automated PDF reports emailed to you and/or your team.
|Measurement Range||Reads vibrating wire sensors operating in the range of 450-6000 Hz|
Reads thermistors or RTDs in the range of -20 to 120°C
|Logger Resolution||±0.001 Hz for vibrating wire sensors|
±0.01°C for temperature sensor
|Logger Accuracy||±0.05 Hz for vibrating wire sensors|
±0.05°C for temperature sensor
|LoRa® Specifications||Frequency Band: 868, 915 or 923 MHz. LoRa®|
Power Output: 19 dBm maximum output power before antenna
|Data Storage||Stores 65,520 records in secure non-volatile memory.|
Each record includes a VW reading and temperature reading with time and date.
When memory is full, recording either stops or continues by overwriting previous readings, starting with the oldest, depending on how the user set up the logger during installation.
|Environmental||Operating Temp: -40 to +85°C|
Storage Temp: -40 to +85°C
|Physical Description||Imperial: (LxWxH): 6.85" x 6.30" x 2.95”|
Metric: (LxWxH): 174mm x 160mm x 75mm
Weight: 1.07 lbs (486 g)
Chassis: IP65 rated polycarbonate enclosure
|Certifications||EMC Compliance: US (FCC Part 15 Class B) and Canada (ICES-003 Class B)|
Radio Compliance: US (FCC Part 22, 24, 27) and Canada (ISED)
|Logger Settings||The SLOPESENSE V1 VW Logger automatically pulls the date and time from your computer when you connect to it|
The memory mode determines if logging stops when the memory is full or if logging continues by overwriting earliest readings
|Logger Schedule||The SLOPESENSE V1 VW Logger reading intervals specified by day, hour, minute and second. Maximum interval is 1 year|
Minimum interval is 15 seconds