The Geotechnical Customer/Technical Support Manager is responsible for directing and managing the Technical Support Team to provide technical assistance to internal and external customers. This will include remote telephone online assistance, as well as on-site support when necessary. Typical request will include, but are not limited to, advice on instrumentation plans and layouts, commissioning of new equipment, troubleshooting existing installed instruments and analyzing sensor data and system performance to identify, understand, and report on product and application compliance. The position is based in Tucker, GA and reports to the General Manager.
- Read and interpret data from field instruments such as inclinometers, piezometers, load cells, and other geotechnical products;
- Perform and review calculations such as slope stability, settlement, and bearing capacity;
- Provide and oversee after-sale technical support to customers to help drive satisfaction, customer retention and growth;
- Direct and manage the work and development of a technical support team;
- Provide Sales team with technical support and assist with quotes for automated data acquisition systems, power budgets for instrumentation systems, and software demonstrations;
- Work closely with other team members including Engineering, Sales and Production;
- Track all customer support touchpoints in Company’s customer support database;
- Perform on-site field support when necessary, that may include equipment installations, troubleshooting instruments and use applications, manual equipment readings, and maintenance consultation;
- Other duties as required.
Experience, Skills, and Education
- BS in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering, Geology, or related degree:
- 5+ years of experience as a Geotechnical Engineer, Geologist, Environmental Engineer, or similar position required, with experience reading and interpreting data from geotechnical instruments;
- Demonstrated customer service oriented and capable of communicating with other Engineers and Contractors;
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Outstanding oral and written communication;
- Able to oversee a small technical team as well as function as part of a larger team;
- Certified Professional Engineer or Geologist preferred;
- Experience with Zendesk or related tool preferred;
- Experience with Campbell Scientific and WorldSensing data loggers a plus.
- Base salary, depending on candidate experience, $85,000 to $100,000;
- 3 weeks annual paid vacation;
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability;
- 401K with company match.
"*" indicates required fields